Friday, August 5, 2011

Reading

I have 2 weeks left of graduate school.  I cannot wait to read for fun again!  Yesterday I ordered the following books from Amazon.com (some based on recommendations):

1. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
2. Sugar and Spice: An L.A. Candy Novel by Lauren Conrad
3. One Day by David Nicholls
4. Room: A Novel by Emma Donogahue
5. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

# 1, 4, 5, and 6 came from recommendations.  Let me explain #2.  From time to time I like to read young adult novels, and I have been surprisingly impressed by Lauren Conrad's book.  People argue how much of these books she actually wrote, but I enjoy them either way.  This is the 3rd and final book in the L.A. Candy series.  One Day I bought because I saw a preview for the movie and it looked really interesting so I thought I would read the book.

My plan here is to read each of these books and as I read them I will post my own reviews of them.  I will do my best to not include spoilers, and I will give a yes or no recommendation based on my experience with the story.

I should get the books within the next week or so, and by then I am hoping to be done with reading for school so I can get going!

~Cristina

No comments:

Post a Comment